I just want to make sure everyone knows a few things about Trump’s recent ridiculousness.
- The U.S. cannot pull out of the Paris Accords until 2020 officially and there are a huge number of steps he has to go through to make it official. A Lot like the Brexit situation. The world leaders tried to inform him of this at the G7 conference, but somehow he did not comprehend…hmm…
- Most corporations do not support this move. You can see this most tangibly with Elon Musk (Tesla) and the CEO of Disney removing themselves from his advisory Board. But, most corporations have already started to meet or have met the standards set in Paris. It’s mostly oil money in the way, but even oil companies are seeing the writing on the wall and moving towards renewable energy. I know many oil companies have known about climate change since the early 80s and knowingly perpetuated falsehoods. Exxon specifically has letters directing this. Regardless, even they are even falling into line on their own.
- Many Cities and States are already adopting the Paris accords and signing on of their own volition.
- Most Americans Do Not agree with this decision and it is quite a bit of political suicide for within and outside the U.S.
- This is actually a major boost for us in 2018! While the action may seem negative, as with everything Trump, I see his stupid actions that fire up all the right people how he is making America great again!
Your friendly neighborhood Chair of Science and Environmental Issues